Try This Slice crosses that money savin' bridge
This week the Try This Slice team tries Rockhouse on the River in Henderson, KY.
We tried it and we liked it.
Remember the Try This Slice rules?
- We only order from local pizzerias in the Tri-State.
- We only order cheese pizzas to be able to accurately compare each pizza.
- We rate each pizza out of ten slices.
Here are our takeaways…
- For many weeks, the pizzas we have tried did not have enough sauce in our opinions. Well, the pizza gods have heard our cry. Rockhouse on the River put lots of sauce on this pizza and we were very pleased. As far as the flavor of the sauce, it was goood. We were able to distinguish its flavor from the cheese and crust, but yet, it also paired well with them.
- The cheese was colored beautifully and cooked perfectly! We’ll be surprised when we find a pizza that doesn’t have good cheese. It was greasy perfection.
- We decided not to call this a thin crust pizza. It was described as doughy, but it wasn’t undercooked. It was a soft crust that had a crisp bottom and it worked for this pizza.
As always, this is just our opinions on this pizza. Try it for yourself!