This recipe will be one to add to the family book!
Give your grandma’s recipe a break this year and this one from Kentucky Legend. It’s grandma approved, we promise.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp dry mustard powder
- Pinch each ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- 1 Kentucky Legend Whole Ham
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, apple cider, vinegar and butter; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and the mixture is syrupy. Stir in mustard powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Place ham, fat side up, on the rack in roasting pan; pour 1 cup water into the pan. Brush ham with 1/4 cup glaze. Cover pan tightly with foil; bake for 1 hour, adding more water if needed.
- Increase heat to 400˚F. Brush ham with 1/4 cup glaze. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes, brushing several times with remaining glaze, until thermometer inserted in center registers 145°F.
- Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Tip: Stud ham with whole cloves if desired.
*Per 1/8 recipe
- Calories 430
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 155mg
- Sodium 3260mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 20g
- Protein 51g
*Nutrition info is based on a 5lb ham. Ham weight will vary.