So good on a cold day!
There is nothing better than hot soup on a cold winter day. We highly recommend this Turkey Tortilla Soup from Kentucky Legend!
It’s packed with protein and veggies to make it a healthy meal, but it also has that comfort food feel that makes you extra warm. Plus, it’s really easy. The Kentucky Legend Turkey used in this recipe makes this recipe a snap.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 8 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 8 slices Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Turkey, chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups crispy tortilla strips
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven set over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, poblano, and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth, squash, tomatoes, and chipotle; bring to boil. Stir in turkey. Reduce temperature to medium-low; cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in lime juice.
- Divide among 8 soup bowls. Garnish with avocados, tortilla strips, Parmesan, and cilantro. Top with a dollop of sour cream.
*Per 1/8 recipe
- Calories 280
- Fat 15 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 25 mg
- Sodium 1330 mg
- Carbohydrate 24 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 15 g