This won't last long.
‘Tis the season for cheese balls. Is it even a holiday party if there isn’t a cheese ball? We think not.
This savory, bacon cheese ball by Family Fresh Meals was tested by the River City Weekend team and the results were promising. So promising that it didn’t last two hours.
Try it for your next holiday party!
Savory Bacon Cheese Ball
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, divided
- 16oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 (1-ounce) package Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, goat cheese, Ranch Seasoning, Worcestershire and 1/2 off the bacon and 1/2 of your parsley. Then beat with a hand mixer until combined and fluffy.
- Place mixture on plastic wrap, seal and then form into a ball. Place in frig for at least two hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining bacon, pecans and the rest of the parsley to make the cheese ball topping.
- After the cheese ball has chilled, roll it in the topping until coated thoroughly.