Dinner in 35 min? Yes, please.
Are you drooling? We are.
Spice up a classic recipe into something the whole family will love with this Legendary Cooking Philly Cheese Sausage Hoagie Recipe!
Check out the recipe below:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 each red and green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 Kentucky Artisan Crafted Series Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages
- 4 soft hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook red and green peppers, and onion for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a separate skillet set over medium-high heat; cook sausages for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until heated through.
- Place sausages in buns. Top with pepper mixture and cheese slices. Place on baking sheet; broil in the top third of the oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Tip: For a milder taste, substitute Fontina for provolone cheese.
*Per 1 hoagie
- Calories 610
- Fat 38g
- Saturated Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 1650mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 26g