This recipe is perfect for fall!
This meal is perfect for fall and busy nights! You can toss everything into the crockpot the morning of and have a warm bowl of this Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup from Kentucky Legend ready for you that evening.
Check out the recipe below:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Makes: 8 servings
- 2 cups diced Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, divided
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 5 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a slow cooker, combine half of the ham, potatoes, half of the green onions, onion, butter, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper; pour in 5 cups broth. Whisk together flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into soup.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender; mash soup or blend using an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese and cream.
- Divide soup among 8 bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream, remaining cheese, remaining green onions and ham.
Tip: Garnish soup with green onions, cooked small florets of broccoli or pickled jalapenos.
*Per 1/8 recipe
- Calories 420
- Fat 24g
- Saturated Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 1090mg
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 17g