Festive and so good!
A canapé is a type of hors d’œuvre. They’re usually a small, decorative food on a small piece of bread or cracker topped with meat and cheeses. We can eat 10 of them if left unsupervised. That’s how good these Kentucky Legend Ham Eyeball Canapés are and they are really easy to make, too!
Check out the recipe below. This is recipe makes about 16 pieces.
- 8 slices Kentucky Legend Hickory Smoked Ham
- cream cheese
- red pepper jelly
- 12 pieces of bread
- Use two round cookie cutters: one just larger than the other. Use the larger cookie cutter to cut out the ‘eyeball’ on the bread. Try to cut two circles out of each piece of bread.
- Spread some cream cheese on top of each piece of bread.
- Then use the smaller cookie cutter to cut circles out of the ham. Try to cut two circles out of each piece of ham. Then layer on top of the cream cheese.
- Cut the olives in half and place them on the ham as the eyeball.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the red pepper jelly on the eyeballs.
Tip: Substitute Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese for a more savory bite!
You may also like…