This flatbread will win the hearts of everyone
Better double up on the ingredients for this recipe when you’re at the grocery store. This bacon, brie and apple flatbread will leave you wanting more!
This is going to become the recipe you turn to for a quick-yet-gourmet weeknight dinner. It will also be a ‘go-to’ recipe for when you need a simple-yet-impressive hors d’oeuvre for parties.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
- 1 ball (600 g) pizza dough
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared caramelized onions
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 12 slices Kentucky Legend Artisan Crafted Series Brown Sugar Maple Bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 oz (125 g) triple crème Brie or Camembert cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic glaze
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC). On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness; fit into a large greased baking sheet.
- Brush dough with olive oil; sprinkle with thyme leaves and pepper.
- Spread onions over top. Arrange apple slices, bacon, and Brie over onions.
- Bake on bottom rack for about 20 minutes or until bottom is golden brown, apples are tender and Brie is melted. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and scatter arugula over top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: Prepared caramelized onions can be found in the condiment aisle of well-stocked grocery stores. Or to cook them yourself, grab a small skillet and set over low heat, slowly cook a sliced Vidalia onion in butter with a pinch of salt and sugar for 25 to 30 minutes or until caramelized.
*Per 1/12 of flatbread
- Calories 230
- Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 410mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 8g