How to make hot chocolate bombs
There is nothing better than a cup of hot chocolate on a cold evening. These hot chocolate balls will trick and they’re so fun to watch dissolve into hot milk!
These are also easier to make than you might think with few things needed. The only thing you might not already have in your kitchen is the sphere mold to make the chocolate sphere that holds the hot cocoa mix and marshmallows. This you can find at your local kitchen store or Amazon.
Show us your hot cocoa sphere molds on Facebook!
What you’ll need:
- Melting chocolate
- Hot cocoa mix
- Sphere mold – Find them on Amazon
- Microwave melting chocolate in 20-second increments stirring in between each time until melted.
- Coat the sphere molds with the melted chocolate. Make sure each half-sphere is fully covered.
- Let the molds chill in the fridge for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove the spheres once they’ve hardened by pushing up from the bottom of the mold.
- Rub the sphere edges on a warmed plate to make them flat and even (watch the video to see how).
- Fill one side of the hot cocoa bomb with hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and whatever else you want to put in it.
- Rum the other half of the sphere on the warm plate to smooth its edges and immediately seal it together with the filled sphere half, lining up the edges as best as you can. Be careful not to move it until the chocolate seals.
- Decorate the outside of the hot cocoa bomb however you want. Use more melted chocolate to stick sprinkles or other toppings.
You may also like…