There's something about cheese and jalapeños...
We highly recommend you make these jalapeño poppers. They’re super delicious and are a crowd favorite. Even if that crowd is just the people that you live with, because, you know- the pandemic.
These are great as an appetizer, but you can make them as fun side, too! We like to pair them with brats, burgers, or ribs.
They are super easy to make, but they do take some time. Plan to set aside about an hour to make these.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20-25 min
- 12-15 medium-sized jalapeños
- 1 brick of cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Wash jalapeños. Then halve each one and spoon out the seeds. (Be careful not to touch your face. That pepper juice burns!)
- Cook sausage.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan, and sausage to a bowl and mix.
- Spoon mixture into jalapeño halves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
*Tip: These are great with bacon (everything is really). Just cook 3-4 slices of bacon. Then dice the bacon and add it to the cream cheese mixture and proceed with the instructions.