March Madness™ dribbles into season on Sunday, March 17 when the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee will select and reveal which 68 teams have made it to the basketball championships. That that means one thing- it’s time for you to make your bracket!
These days, you don’t have to be a sports junkie to make a pretty decent bracket. The internet has just about every statistic, result or trend in one click.
The odds of filling out a perfect March Madness™ bracket, is slim to none. In fact, according to statisticians, the chance of making a flawless bracket is one in 9.2 quintillion!
Some people will take their time and research every aspect of the tournament… but others (those of us who don’t have the time or frankly don’t give a rat’s patootie about basketball) can have some fun and fill out a bracket anyway!
Here are some fun and nonsensical ways to fill out your NCAA bracket this year.
- The mascot method -Easy. If the two mascots fought, which would come out alive?
- Proximity method – It’s simple: whoever is playing closest to their home court wins.
- Vacation Destinations – Where would you rather spend your vacation?
- Flip a coin – Heads the higher seed wins, tails the lower seed wins.
- Alphabetical order- this sounds like a winning bracket to me..?
- The school colors method – Pick who wins based on your favorite colors. Blue is usually a good choice: Lots of good teams wear blue.
- U.S. News and World Reports Rankings: Pick who wins strictly based on which one is rated higher according to academic rankings.
- Tuition cost- Ranking schools by their yearly average cost of tuition.. low to high or high to low.
- Height of the Head Coach – You could go shorter or taller here.
- Upset central – When it comes to No.1 and No.2 seeds, this may not be a great idea.. but hey- who doesn’t love a good underdog on-top story!