This week Try This Slice tries Leroy’s.
Remember the rules?
- We only order from local pizzerias in the Tri-State.
- We only order cheese pizzas to be able to accurately compare testing samples.
- We rate each pizza out of ten slices.
Here are our takeaways…
- This pizza came in a bag. For many of us, we didn’t know that was a thing. Bagged pizza seems like a bad idea considering it would lose heat quicker than boxed pizza. Not only that, but the possibility of accidentally smashing the paper onto the top of the pizza is too high of a risk.
- The crust shouldn’t be categorized in the cracker crust family, but it was a thin crust. And it perplexed us all. It was floppy. And we like that, but it also had a ‘chewy’ element that was displeasing.
- There was a good amount of sauce covering the entire pizza. It wasn’t sweet, but ‘zingy’ or ‘zangy’.
- The overall taste was good and was said to be better than your average frozen pizza.