For those who crave spice!
Spice up this year’s Thanksgiving mac & cheese with one of the Tri-State’s favorite snacks, Grippo’s BBQ potato chips! Although Grippo’s come from Cincinnati, Ohio, they’re loved here like a native snack.
This Thanksgiving dish is cheesy goodness that will leave you feeling that sweet BBQ heat.
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 6 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 TB garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 TB butter
- 3 cups Grippo’s BBQ Chips or your favorite spicy BBQ chip
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Boil pasta according to box directions
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Whisk in 1/2 cup flour until smooth and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 TB garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Slowly pour in 4 cups milk, whisking until smooth. Heat to a low boil until thickened
- Add 6 cups sharp cheddar and whisk until smooth
- Dump hot pasta into a greased 9×13 baking dish and pour cheese sauce on top
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Crush 3 cups Grippo’s or your favorite spicy BBQ chip and sprinkle on top
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes
Find more great recipes at rivercityweekend.com.