Be bold with your next brunch gathering. This ham, kale, and mushroom quiche will have your guests asking for the recipe.
Check out the recipe below:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
- 3/4 cup diced Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 6 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 cups packed shredded kale leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 18% light cream
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown.
- Stir in ham, kale and green onions; cook for about 5 minutes or until ham starts to brown and kale is wilted.
- Stir in parsley and dill. Let cool completely.
- Fit pie crust into 9-inch pie plate. Press edge of pastry with fork or flute with fingers.
- Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, remaining salt and pepper, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle cheese and ham mixture into the bottom of pie shell. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake in the lower third of the oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until filling is set but the center is still slightly jiggly.
- Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Substitute Gruyère or Gouda for Cheddar cheese.
- Use homemade pie pastry if desired.
*Per 1/6 of quiche
- Calories 390
- Fat 30g
- Saturated Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 185mg
- Sodium 700mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 15g