This new Kentucky Legend recipe will be the go-to dish that you make when you’re trying to impress. Try it yourself!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups cubed Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 3/4 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 35% heavy cream
- 4 oz brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded aged Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup toasted bread crumbs
1. Grease bowl of slow cooker with 2 tbsp butter. Add Brussels sprouts and ham to slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together broth, cream, cream cheese, vinegar, flour, mustard, garlic, pepper, and salt; pour into the slow cooker, tossing well.
2. Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or Low for 6 to 8 hours or until Brussels sprouts are tender and sauce is reduced. Stir in Cheddar, 1/2 cup Parmesan and chives. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan. Sprinkle over casserole before serving.
Tip: Add 1 tsp Cajun seasoning for a Cajun-inspired slow cooker dish.
*Per 1/4 recipe
- Calories 670
- Fat 50g
- Saturated Fat 29g
- Cholesterol 180mg
- Sodium 2070mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 35g