We love these.
This recipe gets the River City Weekend gold star of approval.
This Kentucky Legend recipe is the perfect appetizer for anything gathering. Try it for your next gathering or dinner!
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- 3 cups (750 mL) coleslaw blend
- 2 cups (500 mL) bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onion
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Turkey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- Plum sauce
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220°C). Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook coleslaw blend, bean sprouts, green onion, ginger and garlic for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add turkey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- On a work surface, lay 1 egg roll wrapper. Spoon some filling along with a bottom third of the wrapper. Fold bottom over filling, bring in sides and roll up tightly to enclose. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Arrange egg rolls on prepared pan, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart. Brush all over with remaining canola oil. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown all over. Serve with plum sauce for dipping.
Tip: Buy a large jar of plum sauce – it’s fantastic with spring rolls, chicken balls, and roast duck or turkey, as well.
Per 1 egg roll
- Calories 140
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 0.4g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 350mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g