These tempting bacon-and-egg stuffed avocados with Tex-Mex flavors are perfect for a weekend brunch.
Bacon-and-Egg Stuffed Avocado
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 slices Artisan Crafted Series Jalapeno Bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
2 firm but ripe avocados, halved and pitted
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded Tex-Mex cheese
1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Using spoon, scoop out about 1 tbsp of the avocado pulp from center to create space for stuffing (reserve pulp for another use).
- Place avocado halves on parchment paper–lined baking sheet and crack egg into center of each half. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese and bacon evenly over top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still runny or cooked to as desired. Sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve with Texas toast or warmed tortillas.
- Serve with your favorite jarred or fresh salsa if desired.