Holiday Drive-In in Reo, Indiana is starting their season Friday, April 19. Opening in 1955, this drive-in is one of the oldest in America and it continues to be a Tri-State favorite.
Tim Moseley has been running the family business since his parents retired. And this year, unlike most drive-in movie theatres, they’re expanding!
When you cruise into the drive-in this season expect to see some big upgrades. Their newest additions and upgrades include:
A 6th screen…
Yup, they’re adding a 6th screen. Although it won’t be done for the opening weekend, it’s still great news for a small town drive-in!
Holiday Drive-In saw the lines for the restroom. And then they did something about it. The new loos will be open for bathroom business on opening weekend.
They spruced up the existing ones, too.
A third concession stand…
A brand new, walk-up concession stand will be completed this season, too! Moseley said this concession stand will be a quick stop for popcorn, a coke, candy, and burgers. If you’re looking for pizza or fried foods, head to concession stand 1 or 2.
If you plan on going, here’s what you need to know before you go.
- Tickets: $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for ages 4-11
- Holiday Drive-In is a cash-only establishment
- Coolers with snacks and sodas are allowed, but no grilling is permitted
- Red and green barrels are near the concession stands and projection booths for trash
- Parking poles are spaced to fit two vehicles
- Pets are welcome but you are asked to clean up any messes they make
- If you’re caught sneaking in, you’ll be charged for two tickets
Holiday Drive-In will be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday until they close for the season this fall.
LIKE River City Weekend on Facebook and FOLLOW @RiverCityWknd on Instagram.