Capture the magic of the season.
‘Tis the season to deck the halls. If you’ve been bitten by the Pinterest bug, then we’ve got a project for you this holiday season. Why not decorate your own fresh wreath? Decorating Christmas wreaths is a fun activity that can take your holiday spirit to another level.
Heartland Weekend takes you to Meier Horse Show Pines to find out how it’s done.
Decorate your own fresh wreath
Teresa Meier says with a little help she decorates more than 200 wreaths each holiday season. What’s more: no two are alike.
“I’ve got lots of help, my sister comes and some friends and we make it kind of a party.”
Here are a few of her tips and tricks:
- Pick a theme.
- Start with the bow. It’ll be your central focus.
- Pull together decorations that highlight and compliment your ribbon.
- Don’t over decorate. You want the natural beauty of your wreath to shine through.
- Cluster decorations in odd numbers. In nature, Meier says leaves, nuts, flower petals don’t typically grow on an even pattern.
- Use high-temperature hot glue to adhere your decorations to the wreath.
But most importantly Meier says:
“Just enjoy them and make them an important part of your Christmas.”
Good news: if you’d rather not do decorating Christmas wreaths yourself, Meier Horse Shoe Pines can do the decorating for you.
Pick up a fresh wreath from the Christmas shop on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.