The wait is almost over! The Costco Facebook page said the Evansville Costco will open Friday, June 28.
For those of you who are not familiar with Costco, its a magical place offering great wholesale deals, services, and a food court that has a famous $1.50 hotdog.
For many of us here in the Tri-State, Costco is a new thing. And if you have been able to enter the pearly-automatic doors, you must have traveled at least 100 miles to get to one and have a friend with a membership.
That’s right. Costco is a members-only store.
Here are four things to know about Costco before you go!
1. Costco has just about anything you could need… or want
Food, home goods, clothes, appliances, food court, and electronics. They offer the usual suspects in service categories like an eye doctor and a pharmacy. But they also offer insurance, vacation packages, and other services by partnering with other service industry businesses.
FUN FACT: You don’t need a membership to get an eye exam or use the pharmacy at Costco.
Ready to update your look? Buy one complete pair of prescription eyeglasses and receive $40 off each additional pair through Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018. See Costco Optical for details. http://bit.ly/2Aq1AVq
2. Don’t feel like dishing out $60 a year for a membership?
There are a few ways to shop at Costco without a membership.
- Use a Costco Cash Card – This card must be purchased by a member, but members and non-members can use the card. You can load the card in increments of $25-$1000. They also have to be reloaded by a Costco member.
- Shop Online – You can shop online as a non-member! There are a few things to note though. First, if you shop online as a non-member you will be charged a 5% surcharge. If you plan to spend less than $1,200 a year at Costco, the 5% surcharge is still less than a membership.
- Get a friend to take you shopping at Costco – Just make sure they have a membership.
FUN FACT: If you want to try out Costco and find that you don’t like it, they will cancel and refund your membership in full at any time.
3. The food court and samples are reason enough to go.
If you ever have the opportunity to go to Costco, get yourself a hotdog or a slice of pizza from the food court.
The hotdog has been $1.50 for decades and includes a soda.
FUN FACT: There’s no limit to how many samples you can have at the sample stations set up around the store.
Celebrate #NationalHotDogDay at the Costco Food Court. Our famous hot dog and soda combo is still $1.50 after all these years.
4. You can have your groceries delivered via Instacart.
You don’t need to even leave your house to shop Costco. For a small delivery fee that is based on the size of your order and the delivery time that you choose, Instacart promises grocery delivery in as little as one hour.
Instacart also works with Schnucks, Aldi, CVS, Sam’s Club and Fresh Thyme here in Evansville.
LIKE River City Weekend on Facebook and FOLLOW @RiverCityWkndon Instagram.